The Latest Options In Outdoor Lighting
Wednesday Jun 24th, 2020Share
Now that the nice weather is here, it’s time to think about your outdoor lighting.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Solar garden lights Powered by the sun, they generate enough energy to cast a soft, pleasant glow along walkways or in flower beds in the evenings.
- Deck post lights. These are easy to install because they're designed to sit on top of a standard 4x4 wood deck post. Most are solar powered.
- Street-style lamps. As the name implies, these look similar to old-fashioned street lamps. They're eye-catching and have a dramatic impact on the look of your outdoor space.
- Portable lantern lights. These are outdoor lights that are portable and often made to look like a decorative fixture for a coffee table or side table.
- LED walkway lights. These are small lights that fit neatly and almost invisibly under stairs and around walkways. Most are battery powered.
- Planter lights. This is one of the most interesting options. Each one is both a flower pot and a light in one! The pot itself is translucent which allows the light inside to shine through.
Design experts say you should treat your outdoor space as you would any room in your home. Lighting it up for evening comfort and enjoyment is a good place to start.