Tips On How To Avoid The Flu
Monday Feb 03rd, 2020
This is the time of year where we need to be extra cautious with our health due to the spread of flu causing bacteria. It is important for us to take the necessary steps in order to avoid the spread of harmful viruses, especially since there is a growing concern of the Coronavirus that has now arrived in Canada.
Here are some tips on eliminating germs in your home. These are based on recommendations from the Canadian Government.
- You're much more likely to catch a bug from a handshake than a cough. So, wash your hands regularly.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your mouth, nose and eyes.
- You are 200 times more likely to pick up a germ in the kitchen than in any other room in the home -- including the bathroom. So give your kitchen top priority with cleaning.
- Most people keep countertops clean and sanitized. But don't forget other surfaces that can also carry germs, like computer keyboards, children's toys, phones, and door knobs.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, and don't have a tissue handy, use the shoulder of your sleeve rather than your hand.
If you want to avoid the use of disinfecting sprays that contain harmful chemicals, try purchasing all-natural disinfecting sprays or make your own with these 5 common household components:
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 1/4 cup of vodka--vodka has great germ-killing properties
- 10 drops of essential oils for scent
- Glass spray bottle
By taking some simple precautions, experts say you can reduce yours, and your family's, risk of getting a cold, flu or bacterial infection by as much as 50%.
That's something to think about!